Second Chance Banking
When you apply for a new checking account most banks use Chexsystems. Banks with second chance checking accounts are different from banks that don’t use Chexsystems. The banks on the list below do not use Chexsystems or Telecheck. So, you can open a checking account online and get an instant account number to set up direct deposit. In most cases, you can mail in the opening deposit or use a credit or prepaid card. Second chance banking.
Banks That Don’t Use Chexsystems
- BBVA Compass Bank – Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, and Texas.
- EverBank – All states. Second chance bank accounts.
- Regions Bank – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
- TD Bank – All states.
- Webster Bank – Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island.
- United Federal Credit Union – Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, North Carolina, and Nevada. List of 2nd chance banks.
- More Banks – Second chance checking accounts online.
About Second Chance Checking
The majority of banks use Chexsystems when you apply for a new checking account. A small percentage of banks skip the Chexsystems verification process. And, a few banks in every state offer second chance checking programs. Second chance accounts have other names, such as, Fresh Start Checking or Opportunity Checking. Banks offering second chance banking use Chexsystems but might be willing to give you a second chance.
Second Chance Banks
To open a new checking account through a second chance banking program, many banks require that any negative balances owed to another bank have been paid. Most banks with second chance checking don’t have online applications. So, you’ll need to apply in person. Often, the bank requires you to take a class on how to prevent you from overdrawing your bank account. And, you might have to enroll overdraft protection and pay additional monthly fees. Because opening a second chance bank account can be difficult, it’s often easier to apply with banks that don’t use Chexsystems.
The best second chance banks online. Open a second chance bank account. Free 2nd chance checking. As well as, a list of banks for bad credit. You can open an online checking account with no deposit. Also, second chance banking accounts can be opened online. So, 2nd chance banks are free. Banks that don’t use Chexsystems are a good choice. Denied a checking account? Get a bank account instantly with no deposit. You still have choices. After all, there’s no risk to apply.